Re: [RC] Tailgating - Barbara McCrary

Great idea!  Too bad skunk scent can't be bottled into an atomizer.  That would work, too.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 2:24 PM
Subject: RE: [RC] Tailgating

I had one of the kids at my barn always tailgate everyone when we went out on a trail with a group, and no matter how many times you politely asked her not to do this, she would back off for a few minutes then go right back to it.  None of my horses are kickers, but they would become so irritated with the tailgating after a while that I was afraid they might start kicking.  So, I had an idea, and it worked great !  I found the strongest, worst smelling perfume I could find (you know, the cheap stuff), and just before our next trail ride, I sprayed the offending perfume all over my horses rump and tail.  We smelled like a you-know-what house, but as soon as the tailgater (sorry, I'm from Florida) got a good wiff , he did one of those lip curls, snorted and sneezed a few times, and then got the hell away from us!  I only had to do this a few times and the tailgater was trained to stay away from us.  Come to think of it, everyone gave us a lot of room.....hmmmmm.