Re: [RC] "Tailgating"/blaming the victim? - SandyDSA

I kind of agree - with one addition - a habitual tailgater perhaps ought to stay home too. Close quarters is one thing, bashing up into the behind of another horse quite another. Our well mannered stallion has ALWAYS been polite on close quarters - but it only took one tailgating, BUTT BITING and BADLY MANAGED stallion to convince him that he had a right not to be rear-ended. Shoulda taken the crop to that out of control rider (who later got pulled for unsportsmanlike conduct). We flag our boy, even though he isn't a kicker and doesn't kick - but COULD, if some dolt bashed up into his rear end again. I mean really! Coming in physical contact with another horse just because one cannot or will not control ones horse, or because they want to go faster than you do. REALLY! MAybe the riders should stay home too:)!s