Re: [RC] Red ribbons and kickers - Lysane Cree

I did this to my mare as a yearling - she had tried to kick people when I wasn't around, and had not been reprimanded those times. She then tried to cow kick me one day - I yelled like I was going to murder her and gave her a swift kick in the belly. She never tried to kick me again. It can be quite efficient. The only time she still kicks (when she is not under saddle) is when the vet comes to give her needles - she is so overreactive to needles, she just goes ballistic. This is still definitely a work in progress - although she was not quite as bad yesterday as she has been. I still have hope for her in this regard. :) As for the kicking under saddle, I am tackling this as soon as her stitches are removed.

Lysane

/I might not be politically correct here but if I'm on the ground=
/and my horse thinks about kicking I kick her first.  If she=
/ thinks about biting me or crowds me I'll bite her neck.  Now all=
/I have to do is look at her and she stops the nonsense and goes=
/back to being a good girl.  I guess it's just in her nature to=
/test me every now and again.