[RC] tailgating a kicker - b_washburn

To those of you who counsel a vigorous and clear
reprimand to the first sign of under-saddle aggression
(of the horse; not the rider), you have my gratitude.

A good friend's horse kicked out at my horse, but got me
on the kneecap and fractured it.  Whenever my friend's
horse pinned her ears at others, she would coo to her: bad
girl...in a mild voice and flick the reins.  So, her horse
continued to pin her ears...and then finally gave a serious
high kick at my horse...the one which got me.

I was also tailgating...a momentary lapse on my part while
I was gawking at the view; so I share blame in this
episode.  You can bet that I am hyper-aware of how close
we are to the guys ahead now.

Cheers,
Betty