[RC] Anyone tried Brit Rider boots by Muck boot Co.? - Pvan19

As Raven said - it's actually the sweat that make your feet humid, and therefore cold, and Goretex is the way to go...

Anything containing rubber, neoprene and other non breathable materials will only keep you feet warm for as long as it takes for the boot to get humid inside..

Have a look at Dubarry boots and shoes (www.dubarry.com - go to the Outdoor range) - waterproof and breathable leather with a full goretex lining

We've tested these boots for five years in cold & wet winters and they are so good we decided to become distributors!! (in France, so ain't selling anything here on Ridecamp) even though we've never been in this business or anything related to it before..

Team them up with a good pair of Coolmax or Dunova socks, not too thick to allow your feet to breathe and the goretex lining to do it's job... brilliant!! And the boots are good looking too, light, small foot so driving is no problem...they are quite an investment but will last a long time..

the Dubarry Sligo shoes are great everyday working shoes - in summer they stop your feet from getting all horrible & sweaty and in winter they keep you warm & dry - I couldn't live without them

avoid anything containing a lot of cotton or wool with Goretex linings - these fibres retain humidity !!!

brgds,

Pauline