Re: [RC] Bored stiff - ovarian tumors/cysts in mares - MtnRondi

In a message dated 12/15/2005 6:54:44 PM Pacific Standard Time, guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I'm just wondering if anyone with a performance horse has had this, what the prognosis is for her returning to competition, and any complications I might need to look for.  Or if we find she has no tumor what on earth is causing her to act this way?

I had a friend who had a mare with either an ovarian cyst or tumor. She had the ovary removed. The mare subsequently had one or two foals and also won her NATRC National Championship. The surgery didn't cause any problems whatsoever.

Bonnie