Re: [RC] Cetylm - Ag47xAu49

In a message dated 12/12/2005 8:13:34 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, auroraarabs@xxxxxxxxx writes:
The drawback to the Cetyl M is the loading dose to
start,  which is a double dose twice a day,  10-30
days . Maintenance is 1 scoop once a day the ( 5 pound
)tub is a 60 day maintenance supply . If you buy just
a months worth you would only have a week supply for
in my horse . It is expensive to keep your horse on it
, it was a last resort for me since nothing else had
worked .

I have been giving my daughters 4-H pony oral HA. Did the IV HA, not Legend ($81.50 per shot) but an off brand given by my vet for $47.50. Best money I have EVER spent on him for his comfort. It has been almost 3 months since he got the shot and he is still sound. He has not taken a lame step. He is now barefoot, went too long before he had shoes pulled and was still sound. This is a pony that was being shod every 5 weeks through the show season. I think all horses should be on HA IV if they have arthritis issues. I am going to give the oral that I have left a try for me. Beccy in Ut.