Re: [RC] Splints - Lady Monalaina

My mare popped a splint the year before I got her. Back then she was doing 50 milers every so often and now we try and do a ride once a month. Of course she has healed and there is a bit of a lump there but nothing has stopped her from completing soundly. J

coverdale <coverdale@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm debating purchasing a 5 yo horse that, from the description provided to me, has a splint, that has healed. In fact, this horse has been evaluated by a veterinarian, and he evidently showed no concern over the blemish. This horse will become my (or the husband's) long-term LD partner.  In my life prior to endurance, splints weren't a cause for concern unless they were too near the knee. Any thoughts?

Laurel Thatcher Ulrich: Well behaved women rarely make history. "You may forget but let me tell you this, someday, someone in some future time will think of us." - Sappho, circa 625 B.C.

Yahoo! Shopping