[RC] horses and ulcers - LTYearwood

Does anyone know if beat pulp, due to its sugar content, can in any way inflame a horse's ulcer?
I have read and re-read an re-read again, Susan Garlinghouse's articles on beat pulp and I know that one serviging's worth of the roughage has only the equivalent of two apples worth of sugar.
But a vet told me the other day that "it has too much sugar in it for a horse with an ulcer."

Thanks.

Lori