Re: [RC] Where do folks ride - RDCARRIE

Hi Kathy,
My husband and I are really lucky to have lots of riding places nearby.  Throughout the year (except deer gun season) we can ride on the National Forest, which is about 3-4 miles away.  We often trailer there and meet friends from Houston.  Right now we're riding on some private timber company land that's just 1/2 mile from our house - it's where we're putting on a new ride this year (Coontrail Caper, April 30 and May 1).  The soil is really sandy, so even after lots of rain, it's not boggy.  Miles of roads, firelines, and some neat singletrack, and no rocks.  Did 12 miles there today on my new horse...our first solo ride...found some awesome new trails that we're gonna *have* to include in the ride.  :)  We also sometimes go down to Houston and ride with friends there (along Cypress Creek...they're continually finding cool new loops, often with good places to eat along the way <G>).  During deer season, I will often do some road loops on dirt/gravel roads here, if I don't trailer somewhere.  I have a 20 mile loop and a 22.5 mile one.  So we're really fortunate.

Dawn in East Texas