RE: [RC] Where do folks ride - ColleenSupersat2

North Idaho.

Trail access from my home can be anywhere from ½  to 3 hours drive away.  We can ride all day or for weeks without coming home. Starting in N. Idaho we can end up in W.Montana, Canadian Border or ride West into WA.  Usually we can’t access those trails until June but this winter is different…the snow is nearly gone and some of us are already riding in the mountains.

Typically winter is spent riding in a Large Arena (not heated). And Icy winters we don’t ride much at all. We are loving the warm weather this year.

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kathy Ramspott
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 11:42 AM
To: Chipnml@xxxxxxx; rhndlev@xxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Where do folks ride

Has there ever been a discussion regarding where folks do their conditioning rides?  I wonder if there is any correlation between the folks who can do 100’s and if they can do their training rides in their ‘backyards’ so to speak.  Specifically

How many folks have to trailer to ride over 5 miles

            If you do have to trailer is it less then or more then a 30 minute haul

How many folks have a park or non-road area without having to trailer that has over 5 miles worth of riding

How many folks get all their conditioning in by riding in arena and or have to ride along a road

You get the idea.

Just wondering

Kathy R