Re: [RC] Where do folks ride - Tiffany D'Virgilio

I've got the San Bernardino Forest about 3/4 of a mile from my house. I have pretty much unlimited miles to condition, steep mountain trail, gentle foothill trails, streams and ponds and lots of technical trails. At least a 15 mile stretch of towns with complete trail networks and the abandoned Pacific Electric trail which runs for miles in either direction. For Southern California, I live in heaven. We also have a public equestrian center in the middle of town that has trailer parking, round pen, turnout arena and a show arena with lights. It's at a trailhead that leads directly into the mountains. Your horse will get used to being street safe and on town trails have to negotiate streets, freeway overpasses, construction, and traffic. The town trails are bordered by fencing, so it isn't quite as scary as it sounds and there are lots of fenced peek a boo dogs. You'll get a bombproof horse if you utilize all the trail areas both in the city and mountains.
I love it here-being able to get away from traffic and into a wilderness area in 15 minutes is an amazing thing.
Tiffany