Re: [RC] a newbie, yep. - Dbeverly4

In a message dated 2/2/2005 9:52:16 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, LTYearwood@xxxxxxx writes:
Only four years in horses. Never a long-distance ride over 25 miles.

Only the 35-50 miles a week for a few years on the same barefoot horse.
Lori, no offense intended, but this is one of the issues that comes up during the whole barefoot debate thing.  MOST of the people who are rabid barefooters (not saying you are rabid <g>).  Are doing one or two LDs and are new to horses.  A lot of us who have been into horses our whole lives and who have done 50s and 100s just don't buy into the whole "barefoot mania" thing and frankly we are sick of seeing horses who are sore on all 4 feet at rides because their new to horses owners insist that barefoot is the only way to go.

You admit you are a new horse owner, please stay open to the idea that there are other options besides no shoes.

Sylvia (I just love horses, not trying to put anybody down here)