Re: [RC] Why I joined this list - Dbeverly4

In a message dated 2/2/2005 9:54:19 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, slchast@xxxxxxxx writes:
This all started over a VERY successful rider who rides barefoot. She was venting because The Endurance New Vet's were to biased to publish her article. How would you feel if you were asked to write an article then when you did it was not published because of a biased opinion.
OK, that's it. Two statements above just don't jive.

#1  "Very succesful barefoot rider".....who would that be? The initial poster admitted that she hasn't done any (many?) actual endurance rides barefoot ( I don't count 25 milers, sorry and most people on this list wouldnt').  Has someone else jumped in here that I missed along the way? As far as I know the only person who as actually completed/competed at endurance distances on barefoot horses is Darolyn Butler. And I'm pretty sure she uses boots when the ride is rocky (at least that's what I've heard in ride reports from her via Ridecamp).

#2 Who "asked" her to write the article? And then....The assumption that the article was not published because of some sort of bias against barfefoot horses. Let's think along another line...what if it wasn't published because it was written poorly?  Is Endurance News compelled to publish everything that is sent to them?  What if the content is pure schlock? Should they waste valuable pages publishing this schlock?

Just some stuff to think about.

Sylvia