[RC] Barefoot at the WEC - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: kim kimfue@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am not a barefoot advocate.  I hate when this discussion comes up and I start
reading about successes with unknown names and all the failures seen by vets
and others with unknown names etc.  There has consistently been one person that
I know rides in varied terrain that regularly posts to ridecamp about her
successes and not so successful experiences "barefoot" or I should say steel
shoeless. I find her posts very insightful. and  there may be others but this
person rides in my region at the same endurance rides I attend so that is why I
pay attention to her posts. I can't wait to hear about her experience in her
first 100.  Whether it is successful or not all can learn something from the
experiences she and others share. Just take into context where they are riding
and what they are doing before twisting posts to fit a pro or con agenda.  For
those that want to try this way of hoof management why not check the archives
and see what successful endurance riders (not vets from other countries, not
pleasure riders from other lists,) that ride in similar terrain that you ride
in are doing. Check their ride records and see if they really are as successful
as they claim. Contact those folks before you start making any assumptions or
radical changes to your horses hoof program (This goes for any major or trendy
training, nutrition, or conditioning changes you make) Do your homework before
jumping on the bandwagon or for that matter do your homework before condemning
the bandwagon. Just my two cents....