[RC] SAVE THE DATE! Montana Endurance Ride July '05 - Becky Rohwer

Hello!

I have been working on putting together a endurance ride this summer. I wanted to give everyone a heads up, although the ride is still tentative. The date will be Saturday, July 9, 2005 and 25 and 50 mile distances will be offered. All vet checks in camp. This should be a relatively easy ride with good footing and lots of water. This would be an excellent ride for a new horse, new rider or new junior since it will be easy and the terrain is forgiving.

I am still working with the tribal authorities to gain permission and I should know for sure by the end of February.
The ride is AERC/PNER sanctioned.

Tell a friend! Information will be posted at www.blackfoot.net/~jenk.

Also, Gina Harkalis (owner of 93 Feed & Supply) in Arlee, MT will be having an Endurance Clinic at the same ride location on Sunday, May 1st. This will be a low key affair with 10-mile and 15-mile loops. You can ride one or both. A veterinarian will be in attendance. This is an excellent opportunity to introduce new riders/horses to the sport since it is not a competition. You can treat this as a training ride and get a sneak preview of the trails for the July 9th endurance ride. If you have a friend who is thinking of endurance, this is a great way for them to learn about the sport without making a huge time, money or driving committment. This clinic is also contingent on obtaining tribal land use permission.

I look forward to offering riders near Western Montana a close-by alternative for endurance competition. Please let me know if you have specific suggestions since I am new to ride management and would greatly appreciate your comments.

Jennifer Knoetgen
jenk at blackfoot dot net
406.726.3082

Add FUN to your email - CLICK HERE!