Re: [RC] United we stand divided we fall - Magnumsmom

Dian wrote:

When you ride international you do not put thousands of miles on your horse
then ask him to crank out international level speeds. Keep international seperate [sic]

from AERC these are 2 different kinds of endurance sports, that are trained for
completely differently.

Right.  Can't put a long career on a horse if your intention is to race him into
the ground.

She bought a horse I bred and raised  [...]

Ah ha... the real issue.  Looking for "breeder glory" here?

Had she kept him [and presumably not sold over seas] she
would have easily kicked butt at  the worlds  [...]

You don't know that.  No one knows that.  Never get to find
out.  You can convince yourself perhaps, but it's just your
speculation.

International riders realize that they cannot have high mileage
horses and still compete on the international level.?

Bingo.  Why?  Because, the horses don't last.  Thanks for saying
it flat out and admitting to what's actually going on here.

[...] Rio and other horses of the past were not taken to this fast level of racing.

Right.  Becky loved that horse.  She would have rather have ridden
him 10,000 miles than given him up for international speed racing.
Who won the Kentucky Derby in '92?  Who won in '97?  Who won
the WEC in 2000?  Have to look it up don't you?  Who cares?  Well,
anyways, a *horse* won it.  Not a breeder or an owner or a rider.

Criteria was different, racing courses were different.?

Yeah, they were actually real rides.. through mountains and stuff.

Horses are not the machines that most people think they are.. They can
not do high mileage like most AERC members want then, step up to
international level intensity and speed.?

Ah... right.  Horses are not race cars.  You can kill them and not
be able to take them to a shop and put them back together.  They
are just gone.

We are talking 2
different kinds of competitions.? International competition
needs to stay seperate [sic] from AERC.? Views and attitudes are just
too different and strategy and training are just to different.

Yeah, like we ride today, and we also like to ride tomorrow.  That
is what the AERC is based on.  Training, metabolics are different.
How many US horses have not survived the WEC?    But I digress...

But we need better minds on the riders and veternarians, [sic] and
better training techniques. There needs to be better horse
selection procedures also.? If most selected horses end up lame
or the training camp intensity lames them up, then people need

[...]
mix-breeds cannot handle the heat as well as most
pure arabians.

This is a really interesting to say... since the French horse is a
mixed bred.

[skipping something about how much sand there is in Utah]

Ridecamp member and readers, please start understanding the=
difference and don't use AERC motto to finish is to win=
w/International level.?

Oh, believe me!  We don't!

International level is race to the=
finish line.

You forgot the "come hell or high water" part...

If you don't like their motto, then don't compete=
to international level, let them make their mistakes just like a=
lot of AERC members do.?

Oh yeah... and with your next post you explain why you are an
international rider (breeder) and not an AERC "fan".  Fine, I guess.
But don't be surprised when we are not impressed with the horse
carcasses spread in the wake of "international competition".

Hey, kinda reminds me of a story out of Oklahoma years ago...
The AERC didn't want to have anything to do with that either.
More power to us then (and our horse friends).

Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM
AERC# 14992