[RC] JMHO - smuncy

 In reguard to "races".............. it appears that is what is wanted, by those competing.........and setting standards * ;  relatively, flat, easy footing, no deep sand, no mud, no mountains to climb, no rocks,etc.,,,,,,,,,  to have to navigate through -- just canter, gallop. Otherwise, could be difficult to make the  times that have been stipulated. What FEI has done is not necessarily "endurance" as most of us think of, but a 'true' race.Unfortunately, most horses are not capable of more than a few of such; at that many miles at a time.But ...some people don't care. Add in,  Any time... that  Money prizes are added to equation, some people will get "careless, ruthless", ie. win at any cost........... oh, sorry "I ran my horse into the ground", he was doing so well, before he collapsed.
  On that note, liked Ed's proposal - multiple 100, same horse, same rider, and.... NO MONEY.Have varied courses.........about 5-6 weeks apart, allows, for 'letdown' time,  peaking and traveling.Again, JMHO, and what do I know.......Oh course, that raises ?  how many of us can afford that.?