[RC] Sour Grapes--WEC - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Erica DeVoti ponyxprss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It seems to me many on this forum should return to the Aesop's fable of "Sour
Grapes".  It seems to me, there is such nit picking of this WEC ride, that is
rarely done on our very own AERC rides.  The WEC ride has been completely
chastised on this forum for having too many pulls, too fast a pace, too
"different" a terrain, not a good enough completion for USA riders, and finally
shame shame shame at a possible DQ on the first place finisher.  A few things
to consider, 1)if the vetting wasn't as strict would there  be more metabolic
troubles (and maybe we wouldn't have as many metabolic troubles here in the US
if the vetting was as strict as at the WEC???????) 2)how many sub 8 hour 100's
have there been in the US with nary a notice and subsequent critique??? 3) how
many first place finishers at AERC rides have taken over 20 minutes to pulse
down????? 4)there are quite a few USA rides that are held in sand--why is it
that we are so critical of sand from another continent? 5) Re: DQ of first
place finisher and possible drug relation--how many of our first place
finishers have been tested at our own AERC rides--high profile or not?  Not
even the TOP TEN or BC award have been tested on a consistent basis.  KUDOS for
the FEI to have the hutzpah to test the winner!
Not to say we can't improve and learn, however the assumptions and glass houses
throwing stones are not representative of the entire membership.  Let's be
mature and look in our own backyard before we cast the stones at others.  Erica
DeVoti