[RC] United We Stand.. apology - Opal Perry

OK, I have done a little internet searching and have found out that I was wrong about a couple of things.. so here is my public apology.  Apparently Debi is a very accomplished racer in the SE region.  That's great.. I have noticed on her ride record that she normally finishes at the top, and has even gotten a few BC's.  So, she obviously takes the time to train.. good for her.

And, apparently fast 100's happen pretty frequently (unbeknownst to me..) by some really great horses that have competed for many miles and years.  EVEN BETTER!

I have not lost sight of the fact that endurance is a RACE.. period.  BUT, each person sets their own goals when they begin the ride, some want to RACE, others to FINISH.  If I know that my horse is prepared to ride hard and fast the entire ride, then that is how I will ride him.  BUT I refuse to ride my horse past what I know he can handle.. no ribbon or award is worth him getting hurt.  I ride my horse several days a week.. either on the trail or doing arena work inside.  So, I am not someone "whining and complaing" who doesn't take the time to train my horse.  He is in FINE shape.. in fact, we just had our first trail ride of 2005 thanks to some great weather here in Ohio today!  But, he is only 6.. I want to work my way up with him.  I have been conditioning this horse for almost 3 years.. Last year was our first year competing.. we did 4 rides, all CTR's, none over 30 miles.  But, I had a horse that was in GREAT shape.. everything looks good, so now it's time to move to the next level.  So don't say that we "are all probably the ones who ride your horse slowly on the rides to get a safe finish for the simple reason you dont know how to train nor want to take the time to train".

I will ask this.. are you unhappy with the selection process because you didn't get picked to respresent us?

Do you Yahoo!?