Re: [RC] Reply to Truman - Merryben

In a message dated 1/30/2005 3:32:51 P.M. Central Standard Time, guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
dwcsarabs@xxxxxxxxx
I don't know about sub 8 hour 100's but Rio did several 9 hour hundreds in his time.  He did most of his rides in 1st place or at least the top 5 and won many BC's.  He was sound into his 20's and only the cancer stopped him.  He was 14.3 and built about as well as a horse can be.  He had cleaner legs in his 20's than some of my horses who were never raced fast.  The vets out here called him the Alien.  He was just an exceptional horse who was never asked to do 7 hours hundreds but I think he could have...........mb