From :  <Bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent :  Wednesday, December 7, 2005 9:23 AM
To :  howard9732@xxxxxxx
Subject :  RE: Your response from Senator Bill Nelson

 Please do not reply to this e-mail. If you need to send another message to
Senator Nelson, please use the form on his Web site:
http://billnelson.senate.gov/contact/index.cfm#email

Dear Mr. Bramhall:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your thoughts on the use of pack and
saddle stock animals on public lands.

In 1872, Congress established America's first national park. Since then, the
National Park System has grown to include 385 sites and more than 83 million
acres of land with nearly 300 million visitors annually. The State of Florida
has three national parks and 28 wildlife refuges.

On April 15, 2005, Senator Crapo introduced S. 781, the Right-to-Ride Livestock
on Federal Lands Act of 2005. This bill would direct the Secretary of Interior
to manage National Park System land in a manner that preserves and facilitates
the continued use and access of pack and saddle stock animals on land where
there is a historical tradition of using such animals. It is pending before the
Committee on Energy and Natural Resources.

I am not a member of this committee, but will keep your thoughts in mind should
this come before the full Senate. I appreciate your time. Please do not
hesitate to contact me if you have any other concerns.

P.S. From time to time, I compile electronic news briefs highlighting key
issues and hot topics of particular importance to Floridians. If you'd like to
receive these e-briefs, visit my Web site and sign up for them at
http://billnelson.senate.gov/newpages/newsletter.cfm .