Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 12:55 PM
Subject: FW: [RC] frozen - hooves

"Horses can actually tolerate ice buildup, to a point -- I've seen horses walking around literally on ice balls, ROUND on the bottom, and that worries me!  But if it's not making round bottoms they pretty much knock the ice and snow out, walking around."

That's what concerns me...if I don't get the ice off a couple of times a day, he's skating around on his toes with a ball of ice on each forehoof. (I don't know why, but ice doesn't seem to build up  on his hind hooves...maybe it gets knocked off easier just by walking around).  So I'm worried if I can't get the thinner stuff off, he'll build up some balls of ice again.

~Megan