Re: [RC] My Goals, to enjoy every hoof beat I hear - DVeritas

In a message dated 12/7/2005 10:45:37 A.M. Mountain Standard Time, char.antuzzi@xxxxxx wrote:
That means
being thankful to know that I'm healthy enough to ride, the
truck has gas in the tank, I have hay in my barn, my horse is
happy. Giving thanks for all that allows me to enjoy a 1/2
mile ride, a multiday, a 100 miler or yes a limited distance.
   It's not about the distance, it's all about how you ride that distance that matters.

   My goal is to not lose perspective on how I got into this
   sport, the love and bond I share with a great horse, the
   friends and extended family I've made and the knowledge I've
   gained, all because of seeing the world through a set of
   Mustang ears. For that I give many thanks.
This email, to me, is as important as anything I've ever read on the sport of endurance.
For me, it is as elemental as sharing the same air with the horse.
Without understanding these sentiments, we'd all find ourselves "off trail".

It isn't the miles we ride, it's the "mileage" we get out of the riding.
Thanks for sharing, Char.

Frank
(whose goals are no more complex than yours)