[RC] Frozen - Jonni

What often seems to happen in No. Texas, is extreme weather changes, fairly quickly. I was at a NATRC ride this weekend, and it was 89 degrees on Saturday. It dropped 45 degrees by Sundays ride start.  Today we are getting the cold front coming in from the north, and some precipitation up from the south. It is slamming together in No. Texas, and we have freezing rain right now. 21 degrees and dropping, and a wind chill in the single digits.  While I'd like to have the horses adapt, and not need to wear blankets out in the pasture, when the cold comes in so fast, they just have not got their system ready for the cold. Hank still has a fairly short coat!   I also always worry about colic with the extreme change, and up my beet pulp mashes as wet as they will eat them, to keep that extra fluid in them. I've seen many not drink as much, but keep eating hay, and get impaction colic's.

Just looked outside again, and it is coming down more than expected!