Re: [RC] [RC] Let's talk endurance goals for '06 - April

I have 3 goals. First, complete 2 days of a multi-day ride (I've never started 2 days of a multi-day ride). Second, complete at least 200 endurance miles this year (to beat the 2 previous seasons of 155 miles each season). Third, beat my current fastest 50 time (8 hours 40 min).

Tanna is already fit for slow 50s. I am working on our average speed by developing his faster (not extended) trot and working on cantering for longer periods of time. During the winter, I plan on keeping him in shape with exercise a couple times a week so there isn't a big reconditioning push in the spring. I'll step up the conditioning in the spring to improve his performance, but I don't want to be coming back from a 3 month layoff first.

We are aiming for 2 days at Chicken Chase and 2 days at Hoosier Daddy. If we are able to complete all 4 50s, we will attain goals 1 and 2. I plan on doing a single ride sometime else during the season to accomplish a faster time. I would love to do more than just the 5 rides, but these are the ones that will accomplish my goals.

April
Nashville, TN