[RC] ridecamp - Mary Ann Spencer

Sorry about your experience at ridecamp.  There have been discussions off and on that are good.  Sometimes it deteriorates into b*()s&&&.  Don't expect to be lead by the hand either here on the trail.  There are times of GREAT info and times of not such great info. You managed to start at the later.  I dont know your age but to do endurance it is a matter of:

you and your horse conditioning in a way that both of you are safe and complete the mileage in the allotted time.  ie TO FINISH IS TO WIN.

The 'basic' endurance ride is the fifty.  Longer ones have been done.  The twenty fiver's are a starting point.  Some use them to start, some as the only one due to time and physical limitations.  As with any group things can be stupid bickering.

Horses cost money.  Rides cost money.  We should get some sort of recognition for the rides we do.  Doing a fifty is not the same as 25 or 100.

                      Hope this helps.  There are several books on the subject.  Remember this is discussion and not an 'end all'.