[RC] it was a beautiful day for a ride - agilbxr

And we did.  I took Spot and hauled him out to Pumpkin Hill, a local preserve here in Jacksonville, and there we met my friends Nancy and Kenny, riding their critters, Huckie and Chloe. Spot hasn't been out on a good long trail ride since I brought him home, I've been VERY busy working on the brain, not the condition.  Soooo, we wandered off into the woods.

Spot was wonderful!  We walked and trotted the whole ride, and only had one brain dead moment, which he quit after one little head flex and me making the "aannntttt" sound.  Otherwise, he was perfect.  He led, he followed, he let the others go out of sight on a loose rein, he let them trot and canter by, he trotted away from them.  There was no yelling, spinning, out of control backing, or shenanigans.  When the others spooked, he just sat there and watched them.  I couldn't be more pleased with him.  We ended up doing somewhere between 12-15 miles in about three and a half hours. Not a bad little ride.  Best of all, I think I've solved the Spot Saddle Fit Quest.  I rode in our Syd Hill Australian with a skito underneath, and he did great.  No dry spots, no ruffles, and a happy backed horse.  And a happy Juli cause my knees and ankles don't bother me in that saddle.  Yay!

Juli and the Herd
Alpine (I wanted to go, but mom said "no", so I stayed at home and pouted and trashed my stall. So there!)
Spot (I got an alfalfa mash cause I was a good boy all day.  Yummy!)