Re: [RC] Reply to HRM Issue Angie - rides2far

Since Angie has gone public with this 'complaint' at least 3 times
now..
I felt I should respond to the below postingI offered to REPLACE the
damaged watch at NO >>>>>CHARGE.. it was not accepted.

Gosh Roger,

Wasn't even thinking about *you* when I complained. Actually, Bill bought
the unit and I wasn't even sure whether he bought it from or a
distributer. You have always given great service and been very helpful to
anyone who had problems (as in now). I don't recall getting an e-mail
from you but it could easily have gotten deleted with mass RC posts. I've
never aimed any complaint at you, my gripe is with the original watch
casing design, which I never thought of as something you came up with. I
thought you bought the units and adapted them for horses or whatever.
When I've griped, I guess I've kinda hoped you'd pass the message on to
whoever creates the watch casing.

I wear Timex watches. They last forever. I don't think I've ever had one
quit, but I've gone through seveeral because they just eventually get
lost when the band hooks on something and the pin gives. Not so bad with
a $21.00 watch...more of a problem with an expensive heart monitor.

On the unit I got the little prong on the buckle that goes through the
hole on the holes was broken. I'm sure the company sent it to you that
way. Since I planned to use it as a hand held (didn't even buy any
electrodes) I just duct taped the band to the hand held at a conventient
angle and left it there. Now, it's kinda flopping on my hand held because
one of the pins turned loose even there. Am I mistaken when I imagine
that there are watches that have a solid piece there rather than a pin?
All I'm suggesting is that Heart Monitors should switch to that design
because we're pretty rough on our equipment.

Sorry if you took this as a slam aimed at you personally. It wasn't.
You've been very helpful and generous through the years.

Angie