Re: [RC] accuracy of hand helt heart rate monitors - LAWRENCEC BENNASCONI

 They don't wear the watch, it is fastened around the hand hold part of the transmitter.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2005 11:37 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] accuracy of hand helt heart rate monitors

Wearing a watch on the hand that holds the heart rate monitor can affect
the results. Maybe the same person checked both your horses?

Angie

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 10:19:01 EST Vallonelee@xxxxxxx writes:
> I also had this problem at the ride. My HRM said 50, I was checked by
> the P&R
> person and the hand held read 80 !  HUH !  I didn't argue with them
> but I did
> say that my HRM was a lot lower.  They took the handheld away and
> held it for
> a few seconds and it read 42.  I think there is a bit of "memory" in
> the
> handhelds and unless they are allowed to clear completely from the
> last horse it
> was used on, it will read that number. It then takes a little bit
> until it
> registers the new heart rate.
>
> Maybe someone with more experience on handhelds will chime in and
> clear the
> confusion.
>
> Lee

I argue very well. Ask any of my remaining friends.
 I can win an argument on any topic. People know this and steer clear of
me at parties.
Often as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me.   Dave
Barry