[RC] Some things i learned in 2005 - Tom Sites

I thought this was a good subject Karen, to reflect upon as the year comes to an end.

1. FEI is worse than when i was involved, in regards to STRESS.  I remember one time the whole Team went river rafting and had a picnic to develop Team Togetherness and at the Awards Ceremony everyone blew bubbles (it was cool...I think it was Mountain).  At the recent NAEC there was no time except in the evening to do anything and it seemed there was something to do ALL the time.  I also found out FEI has a problem with results in regard to the 05 WEC and the 87 EC's.

2.  I found out it is such a JOY to be a Mentor and watch new people find the Love, Joy and develop Passion for this Sport.  Paulita by the way did the Peace Point and Ft Valley LD's and has found out what pacing, saddle fit and shoeing, conditioning, travel time to a ride and how exhausting it can be to drive up on a Friday, ride Saturday and then drive home the same night.  Shari did the Ft. Valley and overcame her fear of horses after having a horrible riding accident.  These 2 girls gave me great joy seeing the smiles on their faces.

3.  I found a few new products i like, mainly the Equipedic Saddle Pad and that little squirt gun w/ the nozzle for electrolytes.  Those plastic syringes have always been a pain.  I also found out why some people don't like them is because they clog up.. And the way to get arround that is to use vegtable oil before and after to clean them out and keep them clean.  I put weight on a skinny horse w/ OxyKick.

4. I found out some things and subjects on RC will NEVER change.

5.  We found a new trail and hopefully will be putting on a new ride soon called the Knights Chalise w/ the Chalise going to the High Vet Score/ AERC BC/ and Horsemanship.  There will be some subjectiveness here but its somewhat based upon the Award the Canadians gave at the 89 NAC which was based upon horsemanship and endurance and it was called the True Grit Award.

6.  I silently learned to admire Tom Ivers.

There has to be more but these come to mind first.
ts