[RC] Jeanne - BC In PS - KimFue

Jeanne,

 FYI, Jeff  Olesh is a PS rider and is co manager of the two Californios rides.

In a year in which many PS rides were cancelled because of weather conditions there were 6 LD rides I counted that did offer an AERC BC.  As noted before, there are several rides in this region that do not even offer an LD division which included at least 8 rides.   Considering that fact, it seems to me that there is ample opportunity for a PS or West region rider to ride in Southern CA to earn BC points.

Warner Springs, Save Our Trails, Californios Lite, Davenport Dare, Manzanita, and Malibu all gave an AERC BC.  I don't know if Turkey Trot  gave an official AERC BC.  This is a significant number of rides considering how many of our PS rides do not even offer an LD.   Jeanne, what are you complaining about?  Come down to the PS region and earn your BC points!!!  With 6 BCs available last year in this region there is no reason a person can't earn a regional BC award.  Most of us don't even make it to 6 rides a year.

Maybe Karen and Jonni are right.....There do seem to be an awful lot of rides  that choose not to offer an LD.  Interesting trend that I hadn't noticed in the region.  If I am able to put on the PCT Adventure Trek this year, I won't be able to offer an LD so this would add one more endurance ride that will not be offering the LD in the region.