[RC] The Trace Tribute 03/18/06 - Update to Base Camp Location & LD Mileage - AMFura

NEW LOCATION FOR THE TRACE TRIBUTE'S BASE CAMP!

Please take note -  especially if you received a ride flyer from Angie Fura @ Skymont or pulled one from the www.trace.tribute.com website before 11/30/05.

The Trib's ride management team has been notified that a section of road near the original base camp location is scheduled to be paved. To avoid excessive road shoulder riding – especially in the ride's beginning mile - management has decided to move the base camp.  The new location is very near the original and offers terrific access to the Trace with minimal road riding.  Camping will still be primitive. People water will not be available.  Horse water is still in limited supply so please bring your own to avoid overburdening the on-site well.

Please see our ride flyer, available on-line @ www.tracetribute.com, for updated directions.   For point-to-point directions, please email april@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MILEAGE INCREASED TO 30 FOR LIMITED DISTANCE EVENT

The Trib's ride management team has also decided to increase the Limited Distance mileage from 25 to 30.   This change is necessary due to the design of the Trib's trail.   The ride will have three loops:  12, 18, 20.  Rather than creating a fourth loop or using elaborate markers to reroute the LD's on one of the three loops, we chose to make the ride a 30/50.  We feel this is the safest, least confusing resolution for our riders.  It also allows us to use our volunteers and budget more effectively.

 If you have any questions or concerns about this change, please contact the Trib ride management team @ askridemanager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Thanks
Angie F