[RC] Aural Plaques - Wendy Harris

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with your horse(s) and could offer advice that has worked for you. My horse has Aural Plaques. It is my understanding that aural plaques are clinically recognized as different from warts. They are benign, raised, white to pink cauliflower like lesions that occur bilaterally on the inner surface of the ear. Incorrectly described as ‘ear fungus’. My vet has indicated that they respond poorly to treatment and do not spontaneously regress. I was told I could use a corticosteroid/antibiotic ointment but their thought is that I'd be wasting my time and money. My horse has become very defensive about having his ear touched, I know they are painful to him. I'd like to try something to get rid of them. Any experience and/or suggestions with this would be GREATLY appreciated. THANKS a bunch and have a WONDERFUL holiday season!