[RC] re:LD/BC - Mary Campbell-Crowder

Bruce brings up a good point about "speed", it's a horrible thing to have some newbie  think that just because their horse can run fast they can BC. Not that I'm a veteran at this, but I've seen horses pushed too much also. The point system for A's, B's etc., sounds like a good adjustment to the top ten folks getting an award. If I came in 2nd place with all A's and the first place horse got 2 C's / B's whatever, I think that should come into play for BC.
I placed this year in my first top ten LD(9th), and stood for BC with all A's. The person in front of me, standing for BC had a horse that I thought looked like a holocaust victim (6+ ribs hipbones and spine sticking out) and had to be pulled on to trot out, but still placed ahead of me (I don't know what her scores were they may have been all A's too). Maybe if that A/B/C point system was a factor I would have felt a little better about the situation. It seems to me that horse was pushed too hard.
Sorry for the venting there ;>)
Anyway, I hope that all this LD/BC stuff does find it's way eventually.
I also agree with a previous post (can't remember who) that if you are consistently top tenning in LD you should move on to 50's. That is if your time and money allow. I totally understand the time/money constraints that alot of us have, I have them too!

Ok I guess I've proved that I have a minor case of diarrhea of the fingers :>)~
Post with love folks!!
MaryBeth