Re: [RC] starting 50s vs LD - tamara medeiros

Truman,
Of course I was being a little facetious. I see almost every, almost, endurance rider using "dressage" techniques all of the time. It is something that most people do without even knowing that they are doing it. However, it is nice if you ask an endurance rider if they know how many beats are in a canter, trot or walk and they know what you are talking about. It is also reassuring when an endurance rider knows that a shoulder-in is a three track. I am impressed if you can get flying lead changes, hard to do when you ask for it...get it a lot when you don't! Piaffe... I simply am interested in showing that an arabian who competes in endurance can also "rein" it in a bit and show beautifully in the dressage arena. The judges used to be very prejudiced against arabians in the dressage arena and the subjectiveness has opened up again, I believe... For the better of all breeds. I like to see a horse dance in the arena and then run a marathon. All good training. Dressage is just a fancy word for what most endurance riders do without overthinking it.
TJ
Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
tamara medeiros wrote:

> Arabs that are that well trained should be shown in the dressage arena
> as well. If you are that well trained yourself then please do the
> endurance world a favor and show them at high profile dressage
> competitions. It would be a beautiful thing.

There are lots of very good dressage people out there riding Arabs in
dressage. Gretta Rigby is concentrating on Arabs. Nina Warren has a
horse in AERC hall of fame, owned and trained High Winds Jedi, the horse
that Valerie Kanavy rode to the 1998 World Championship and is now
concentrating on Dressage with Arabs.

They are out there.

Truman