[RC] Last Ass Over the Pass? - Robin Everett

Is the "Ass" a mule or a donkey? That would certainly change things! Do
they ride it or just lead it the whole way?
-------Karla Watson/owner of 3 miniature donkeys ;-)
I'm not sure, Karla. It may be open to more than one kind of equine. I got the impression it was runners (half-marathoners) leading the donkeys. My student said some of the runners took a very long time to finish due to differences of opinion they had with their four-legged running partners.

As a sidebar, when my father was a boy, his parents had a summer cabin up the Cache La Poudre Canyon, and he had a donkey named Jenny. He used to take off for a week at a time and just wander the mountains with his donkey. Of course, this was probably around 1930. There was a picture of Jenny on the cabin wall.

My father passed before I ever started endurance, but I frequently think, as I'm trotting down the trail, that he's up above watching me and would be proud of my accomplishments, minor as they are!

Robin Everett
(nearly up to 3,000 miles now - just a babe in the woods compared to the pros in this sport)