Re: [RC] gun season - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Hey...you named off a bunch of states...Here's how it goes in Alabama:

Remember the movie Deliverance??????

Chris Paus <paus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yeah, it was like that in northern Wisconsin too. 600,000 hunters in the woods opening weekend! It was a like a giant orange army marching around.

We even had people knock on the door and tell us "keep the women and kids inside, we're driving your woods," right past the clear big no tresspassing signs...

And as for Illinois, a goodly share of that 600,000 army was from Illinois......

It's a bit more sane in Kansas where there is a lottery system for divvying out deer tags. And the opening day is always a Wednesday, so you don't have the mass army out there all at once.

I'm not anti hunting at all. I even like venison and we need more hunting in Kansas. The deer car wreck ratio is terrible here, worse than Wisconsin.

chris

Carol Scott <CJScott2@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
When in Ohio, We could not go out of the house without orange on. We lived up against a state part on 3 sides. They cut our fences. and rode 4 wheelers right in back of the house. One man came into the reporting station with the biggest deer he had ever heard of. When we went out to see this big deer, it was a mule, a 16 hd mule. We never found out how he got the mule into the truck. He lost the truck, gun and all that was in the truck. plus had to pay for the mule. $ 1000.00 I didn't think he paid enough. Carol now in IL

"Kindness is the mightiest force in the world.
Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com