[RC] feeding questions - agilbxr

Since Alpine hurt his leg, we have put him on the Seminole Perfect 10 feed. It's a beet pulp based feed that is 10 % protein and 10 % fat. He's really doing very well on it, and I have been thinking about putting Spot on it too, hoping that it will help keep him a little on the quieter side, while keeping weight on him once his work begins to pick up (which it is about to do....now that I can get him off the property by himself without a fight).  However, I know that it has been recommended that you stop feeding fat before an endurance ride.  Would that count for this kind of feed?  If so, what do you do in the week before the ride.  I would hate to change his feed completely just before a ride, but I wouldn't want to hinder him by having a high fat content in his feed.  I'm hoping to have him ready for a 50 miler come spring, and it's one of those things to think about...

Juli and the boys
Spot (mom's been at the florida horse celebration today watching all the natural horsemanship guys.  I think I'm worried...)
Alpine (not me.  I can't be ridden for another 3-4 months or so.  hahaha)