Re: Fw: [RC] where do I fit? - Don Huston

Hello Dot,
I meant no disrespect and being only 63 I hope to see the day I'm 75 and still riding these great horses. Congratulations. That said, it seems I did not express myself very well with that short comment of "It is and should remain a conditioning ride for new riders and or new horses period". The LD25 was started with the purpose of providing a safe entry into the endurance world. If you or I chose to ride the LD25 for any other reason (injury comeback, feeling lazy, ride with my wife who is not up to a 50, etc) then we have agreed to the status of riding an "entry level distance" knowing full well that it is an accomplishment to finish a LD25 with a sound horse and glad that AERC has provided us such a nice opportunity to "Ride Long & Ride Safe". That is how I prefer the status of the LD25 to remain. Those who object to being classified as riding an "entry level distance" have the option of riding an "endurance level distance" any time they feel up to it. >:-}
Don Huston