Re: [RC] LD's as REAL Endurance! - Suzi Maiorisi

I promise (Me who has only done 25's because I'm 47 and have had 4 knee surgeries and the next one will be a replacement) after doing my first 25 and feeling like an 18 wheeler had just run over me, that I had the UTMOST respect for 'REAL' endurance, nope, I'll probably never do a 50, and yes, I absolutely know the limitations are my own, Holly was ready to keep going...do we deserve to be put down because we're 'only 25 milers', well, I hope not, but actual endurance, it is not.  Is it 'just a little trail ride'....I don't think so, a 25 mile trail ride could take 12 hours to get thru if you wanted, been there done that and it's more torture than doing it in 6 Smiley emoticon
Suzi.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2005 8:32 PM
Subject: [RC] LD's as REAL Endurance!

Responding to:  So let's do this. Let?s change it, and just make all these rides and distances "endurance". Drop the whole LD thing.

Good idea. But 25 miles takes so long to do.  And all that training and everything.  Could we have some 15?s or 10?s for people who don?t have the time to train for 25?s?  <ducking and running>

Listen people, I?ve done a ton of 25?s and never a 50 because I CAN?T do a 50 because it?s TOO HARD.  It would kill me.   I have never deluded myself into believing that 25 miles requires any sort of endurance for me or my horse.  My husband did 50?s and believe me, his rides were nothing like mine.

Ann