[RC] Introducing a new horse - update - Julienne

Just came back from the boarding stable.  Isabella was off by herself again
today when I arrived and very eager to see me.  She walked up to me when I came
towards her and when I led her down to where everyone was eating their dinner,
the 2nd in command gelding came up to us and greeted her.  Everyone else just
looked and continued eating (like I said, very mellow and lazy herd).  :)  I
fed her right outside the pasture again tonight and after about 45 minutes let
her out into pasture.  She found a hay pile she grazed at for a while then
moved onto another hay pile when a herdmate approached and ate along with
another horse for a while.  When that horse got fed up with her, instead of
running off she went to another pile and continued grazing with the herd.
Hooray.. !  I'd heard from other boarders she'd been gradually coming down to
the herd to grab bites to eat and drink, and that the two top geldings had been
trying to bring her down from the hills during the day.

In an ideal world I would've introduced her gradually to the herd but
unfortunately in a boarding situation I have to adhere to the "rules".  Being
that what I'd observed of the pasture was that it was relatively mellow and
knowing my horse avoids confrontation at all costs (she's very submissive and
runs rather than fights) I went ahead and followed their rules, knowing that if
there was a lot of kicking and fighting (which I didn't expect much of from
what I'd observed) they would've seperated her and tried another tactic.

I can now stop being a paranoid mom, and finally go and explore the new trails
with her. :)

Julienne
&Isabella