[RC] wintec saddle fit, new reactor panel - LAWRENCEC BENNASCONI

 I have always liked witecs, but I have had to experiment a few times with different pads/gullets on different horses. I was getting a good sweat pattern, and even after a 50, my mare was not showing signs of being sore, but she started to show white hairs about where the stirrup bars would be. After talking to a saddle fitter, the twist was too narrow, and this horse is not that wide. She is fine in the blue, medium wide gullet plate. The gullet plates alter just the front of the saddle. If you have a horse like my mare that isn't that wide in the withers, but then broadens out to a flat back, you might want to check this. Thought I would pass this along, since a friend of mine had the same problem, so it has to be fairly common. My solution? I sold all my Wintecs on Ebay, and so far, my Reactor panel seams great. Just got it today, so this weekend will be spent on short rides fine-tuning the fit, but it seems to be fine just out of the box.  Also, I bought this saddle used on Ebay, and one of the reps at reactor panel took her time to tell me how to measure my horse, to make sure this used saddle was the right tree size for my mare. I was very impressed with how helpful she was, even though she knew that I was buying a used saddle that she wouldn't make a dime on. I called her back today, once I had the saddle in hand, and she helped me ID the saddle, told me how old it was, model, size, etc..
 Melisa