From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Holland
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:44 PM
To: 'Kristen A Fisher'; carolyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; orrinandginger@xxxxxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] racing/25milers

Kristen, there is one factor you have overlooked here.  I hadn’t done a 25 in many years and had forgotten a lot about them until the last two weeks when I took my “chubby guy” Sunny to Skymont and River Run and did 25’s.  In 50’s you have ALL the time to finish…right up to the second as long as you cross the FINISH LINE in the 12 hours.

In 25’s, you have to allow SOME time to get back to camp and recover IN THE SIX HOURS.  You finish when your horse recovers to a pulse of 60, not when you cross the finish line, so you have to include a little “fudge factor” in the time needed for a 25, depending on how well your horse recovers.

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic

Richard T. "Jim" Holland

Three Creeks Farm

175 Hells Hollow Drive