[RC] more saddle questions - indiancp

Title: Re: [RC] ??Which ReactorPanel saddles do folk like?
i'm another who is going nuts trying to find the saddle that fits!!  i've tried bunches on my half paso/welsh, 13.3 hh, has withers but low.  most all shift from side to side and slide up and over his shoulders when going down steep hills.  this causes him to go with a stilty gait (he has a big trot doesn't do paso gaits).  i've got one now that stays in place no matter how steep the hill and he goes freely and big with this saddle.  it's a dressage type endurance saddle, fairly cheap, has plenty of wither clearance.  i love riding it as it's very comfortable.  the only thing i can find to fault when riding it is there is sometimes a very very tiny movement from side to side.  not bad but it's there.  the reason i'm still concerned is i've always been taught that you can judge pressure points by dry spots.  when i take this saddle off this pony his back will be dry!!  not spots..his back.  the area where his pro choice girth goes will be soaking wet and often under the flaps (where my legs go will be wet but not his back where the pads are.  doesn't this mean there would be a tremendous amount of pressure?  i have rubbed, poked, etc. and he doesn't show any soreness at all but....? sometimes there will be some roughed up hair.  i use a felt saddle pad with this saddle and the dirt on it shows it's in contact but doesn't appear to be ground in.
any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.  it's about to drive me nuts (more nuts than i am normally.)  thanks in advance.

patty in georgia

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.

Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader.

.