Re: [RC] racing/25milers - LAWRENCEC BENNASCONI

 I wouldn't bet my life on this answer, but each distance is allowed one hour for each so many  miles. Every 25 I've done was allowed 6 hours, and the 50 allowed 12. How then are 25's under more pressure to race? The average MPH on 25's are generally faster than the 50's.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 4:23 PM
Subject: [RC] racing/25milers

Please Reply to: ginger bill orrinandginger@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

A lot of people worry about the 25 mile riders racing.  The way I see it, of course they are, however, most are not competing against each other, but are just trying to make the cut-off time.  Anytime you put a time limit on an event you force the issue of over-riding. The 25 milers have less time to comlete the ride than the 50 milers. Some rides deduct the hold times whereas, others do not, therefore the 25 milers have to complete in 5 hours or less, depending on the holds.  If you do not wish the 25 milers to race, don't put the pressure on them to race.  Lets all get on the same sheet of paper for starters.  Thank you