Re: [RC] Which Reactor Panel saddles do folks like? - Laney Humphrey

Since every RP saddle model can fit (almost) any horse, the choice of model really is up to you! That isn't totally true since some models, the Bakers, have a flatter tree than others and therefore would tend to fit flat backed horses better, but that aside, it's your choice as to what the top is like. I would STRONGLY urge you to arrange to try a variety of models. Depending on where you live, either visit the home office or attend (or sponsor!) a fitting clinic. You will learn so much about saddle fit and also be able to sit in and discuss a wide variety of models.
One reason you probably don't hear much discussion about which models are "better" or "best" is that each person is shaped differently, rides differently and rides over different terrain which also makes a difference. But Carmi and her agents are very skilled at helping people make the right choices and are committed to getting everything right.
Laney

Bonnie Hellevig wrote:
I have been searching this group's archives for messages about Reactor Panel saddles and getting a lot of good information. However, most of the time people don't specify which saddle they have. I am primarily a trail rider - not endurance, but lots of miles and hours on the trail at all gaits. I am using a Sports Saddle now, but after 2 years now I'm getting spine rubbing.
The RP endurance saddle has the big thigh block. Carmi from RP says that many riders prefer the VSD Traditional or Summit. And then there is the Cross Functional saddle. In reading about the saddles on their website, I'm leaning toward the Cross Functional or the VSD Traditional, and would love to hear about people have to say about their RP models. What about the set-back stirrups on the endurance model? Is this a good thing?
I really appreciate reading about peoples experiences with the various models.
Thanks,
Bonnie