Re: [RC] Weaning Help - Rae Callaway

That doesn't necessarily mean they weren't ready to be weaned.  Some mares will never wean on their own, their maternal instinct is too strong.  I have a mare that will still let her 6 year old son nurse if they're in the same pen.  Some mares scream and holler for days while the foal could care less, while with others, its the other way around.

Rae
Tall C Arabians - Central