Re: [RC] Boots and vetting in - long - Jonni

No, YOU do not see my point. I don't care WHAT rule they have, or might have
in the future. YOU are saying your horse went lame, by walking on gravel,
and got a stone bruise between the trailer and vet in. So, how about this.
What if they DID make a rule, that said "you must present WITHOUT boots".
Your horse would have had to been presented without boots, and would have
still stepped on what ever it stepped on, and STILL been lame, right? You
seem bitter that your horse went lame...but you are the one that walked it
across rocks or what ever, barefoot. If the horse was that tender, you could
have led it to the vet area with the boots on, and removed them for the vet
check. But personally, if the horse went lame by walking to the vet area,
then it was probably best it did not get to start anyway, boots or no boots.
A horse that can get a stone bruise THAT easy, should probably get its feet
tougher. Does this horse wear boots 24/7?  I'd guess not. So, it could have
just as easy, stepped on something at home and gone lame.(of course, you
would have then saved the drive to the ride, eh?)  Just happened that you
feel it was on the way to the vet, after you were told to present without
boots.  You still want to blame someone because you could not start..... All
the rules in the world can not prevent stuff from happening. Stop blaming
others.....You made the choice.
Jonni