[RC] boots and vetting in - Candace Kahn

Hi Toni,
    I have been riding Rougie barefoot at rides in Oregon and N. CA. for 3 years and I guess I have been fortunate to never have had a problem with presenting.  Except for two years ago when I foamed Rougie's boots on before the vet in, I always present with bare feet.  It has never occurred to me to ask so I just present bare.  The vet usually notes on Rougie's card that he is barefoot. Once in a while I will be asked by the vet if I am planning on booting and, as most rides in our area have gravel roads as part of the trail, I do boot the front hooves for most of the ride. It seems to me that if this has become problematic to many riders that it should be a matter for the vet committee to address.

With Warm Regards,

Candace Kahn  BE ONE WITH YOUR HORSE!?

U.S. Distributor of Freeform Saddles

www.freeformsaddles.com